uz'-i ('uzzi, perhaps "my strength"):
(1) A descendant of Aaron and high priest, unknown apart from these sources (1Ch 6:5-6,51 (Heb 5:14,14; 6:20); Ezr 7:4).
(2) An eponym of a family of Issachar (1Ch 7:2-3).
(3) Head of a Benjamite family (1Ch 7:7), or more probably of a Zebulunite family (see Curtis, Chron., 145-49).
(4) Father of Elah, a Benjamite (1Ch 9:8), perhaps the same as (5).
(5) A son of Bani and overseer of the Levitea in Jerusalem (Ne 11:22).
(6) Head of the priestly family of Jedaiah (Ne 12:19,42).
David Francis Roberts