o'-bed (`obhedh, "worshipper"; in the New Testament Iobed):
(1) Son of Boaz and Ruth and grandfather of David (Ru 4:17,21-22; 1Ch 2:12; Mt 1:5; Lu 3:32).
(2) Son of Ephlal and descendant of Sheshan, the Jerahmeelite, through his daughter who was married to Jarha, an Egyptian servant of her father's (1Ch 2:37-38).
(3) One of David's mighty men (1Ch 11:47).
(4) A Korahite doorkeeper, son of Shemaiah, and grandson of Obed-edom (1Ch 26:7).
(5) Father of Azariah, one of the centurions who took part with Jehoiada in deposing Queen Athaliah and crowning Joash (2Ch 23:1; compare 2Ki 11:1-16).
David Francis Roberts