mal'-uk (mallukh, "counsellor"):
(1) A Levite of the sons of Merari, ancestor of Ethan the singer (1Ch 6:44; compare 1Ch 6:29).
(2) Son of Bani, among those who had foreign wives (Ezr 10:29). He is a descendant of Judah (1Ch 9:4) and is the Mamuchus of 1 Esdras 9:30.
(3) A descendant of Harim, who married a foreign wife (Ezr 10:32).
(4) (5) Two who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah (Ne 10:4,27).
(6) Possibly the same as (4). One of the priests who returned with Zerubbabel (Ne 12:2). Doubtless the Melicu of verse 14's margin.