joo'-da (yehudhah, "praised"):
(1) 4th son of Jacob by Leah (see separate article).
(2) An ancestor of Kadmiel, one of those who had the oversight of the rebuilding of the temple (Ezr 3:9). He is the same as Hodaviah (Ezr 2:40), and Hodevah (Ne 7:43).
(3) A Levite who had taken a strange wife (Ezr, 10:23).
(4) A Levite who came up with Zerubbabel (Ne 12:8).
(5) A priest and musician who took part in the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem (Ne 12:36); (3), (4) and (5) may be the same person.
(6) A Benjamite, the son of Hassenuah, who was second over the city of Jerusalem in the days of Nehemiah (Ne 11:9).
(7) One of the princes of Judah who took part in the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem (Ne 12:34).
S. F. Hunter