je-hosh'-a-fat (yehoshaphaT, "Yahweh has judged"):
(1) King of Judah. See separate article.
(2) Son of Ahilud. He was recorder under David (2Sa 8:16; 20:24; 1Ch 18:15) and Solomon (1Ki 4:3).
(3) Son of Paruah, and Solomon's overseer in Issachar to provide victuals for the royal household for one month of the year (1Ki 4:17).
(4) Son of Nimshi, and father of Jehu, king of Northern Israel (2Ki 9:2,14). His name is omitted in 2Ki 9:20 and 1Ki 19:16, where Jehu is called "son of Nimshi."
(5) the King James Version (but not Hebrew) in 1Ch 15:24; the Revised Version (British and American) correctly JOSHAPHAT (which see).
David Francis Roberts