ja-ha'-zi-el (yachazi'el, "God sees"):
(1) In 1 Ch 12:4 (Heb 5:1-14), one of David's recruits at Ziklag, a Benjamite or maybe a Judean.
(2) In 1 Ch 16:6, one of two priests appointed by David to sound trumpets before the ark on its journey to Jerusalem. The Septuagint's Codex Vaticanus and Codex Alexandrinus, read "Uzziel."
(3) In 1 Ch 23:19; 24:23, a Levite, "son" of Hebron, a Kohathite. Kittel, following the Septuagint, reads "Uzziel."
(4) In 2 Ch 20:14, an Asaphite, son of Zechariah. He encouraged King Jehoshaphat of Judah and his subjects to fight against the Moabite and Ammonite invaders.
(5) In Ezr 8:5, an ancestor of one of the families of the Restoration. Read probably "of the sons of Zattu, Sheconiah the son of Jahaziel," following 1 Esdras 8:32 (= Jezelus).
David Francis Roberts