e-li'-ab ('eli'abh, "God is father"):
⇒See a list of verses on ELIAB in the Bible.
(1) Prince of the tribe of Zebulun in the Exodus (Nu 1:9; 2:7; 7:24,29; 10:16).
(2) A Reubenite, father of Dathan and Abiram (Nu 16:11-12; 26:8 f; De 11:6).
⇒See also the McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedia.
(3) Eldest son of Jesse and brother of David (1Sa 16:6), once called Elihu (1Ch 27:18). He was of commanding appearance (1Sa 16:6) and when serving with Saul's army at the time when it was confronting the Philistines and Goliath, was inclined to lord it over his brother David (1Sa 17:28 f). His daughter Abihail became a Wife of Rehoboam (2Ch 11:18).
(4) An Ephraimite, an ancestor of Samuel (1Ch 6:27); called Eliel in 1Ch 6:34, and Elihu in 1Sa 1:1.
(5) A Gadire warrior with David (1Ch 12:9), one of 11 mighty men (1Ch 12:8,14).
(6) A Levite musician (1Ch 15:18,20; 16:5).
(7) An ancestor of Judith (Judith 8:1; compare 9:2).
F. K. Farr