e'-la ('elah, "oak" or "terebinth"):
⇒See a list of verses on ELAH in the Bible.
(1) A "duke" or "sheik" (head of a clan, the Revised Version (British and American) "chief") of Edom (Ge 36:41).
(2) Shimei-ben-Elah, Solomon's commissary in Benjamin (1Ki 4:18 the King James Version).
⇒See also the McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedia.
(3) A son of Caleb the son of Jephunneh (1Ch 4:15).
(4) Father of Hoshea, last king of Israel (2Ki 15:30; 17:1).
(5) A Benjamite, son of Uzzi, one of the chiefs of the tribes when the country was settled (1Ch 9:8).
(6) King of Israel. See next article.