ber-e-ki'-a (berekhyah, berekhyahu, "Yahweh blesses," HPN, 216, 287):
⇒See a list of verses on BERECHIAH in the Bible.
(1) A descendant of David (1Ch 3:20).
(2) The father of Asaph, the singer (1Ch 6:39 the King James Version "Berachiah"; 1Ch 15:17).
⇒See also the McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedia.
(3) A former inhabitant of Jerusalem, a Levee (1Ch 9:16).
(4) A doorkeeper 'for the ark at David's time (1Ch 15:23).
(5) One of the heads of the children of Ephraim (2Ch 28:12).
(6) The father of Meshullam the builder (Ne 3:4,30; 6:18).
(7) The father of the prophet Zechariah (Zec 11:7).
A. L. Breslich