ba'-ni (bani, "posterity"):
(1) A Gadite, one of David's mighty men (2Sa 23:36).
(2) A Levite whose son was appointed for service in the tabernacle at David's time (1Ch 6:46).
(3) A Judahite whose son lived in Jerusalem after the captivity (1Ch 9:4).
(4) The descendants of Bani (called Binnui, Ne 7:15) returned with Zerubbabel (Ezr 2:10) and had taken "strange wives" (Ezr 10:29).
(5) Bani who had taken a "strange wife" (Ezr 10:38) mentioned with his brothers, the sons of Bani who also had taken "strange wives" (Ezr 10:34).
(6) Son of Bani, a Levite and builder (Ne 3:17).
(7) Bani, who instructed the people at Ezra's time (Ne 8:7).
(8) Three Levites mentioned in connection with the temple worship at Ezra's time (Ne 9:4-5).
(9) A Levite who sealed the covenant with Neh (Ne 10:13).
(10) A leader of the people who also signed the covenant (Ne 10:14).
(11) One whose son Uzzi was overseer of the Levites at Jerusalem (Ne 11:22).
A. L. Breslich