az'-a-rel `azarel, "God is helper"; the King James Version reads Azareel in numbers 1-5, Azarael in number 6):
⇒See a list of verses on AZARAEL in the Bible.
(1) A Korahite who entered the army of David at Ziklag (1Ch 12:6).
(2) A musician in the temple appointed by lot; son of Heman (1Ch 25:18; compare Uzziel, 1Ch 25:4).
⇒See also the McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedia.
(3) A captain of the tribe of Dan in the service of David (1Ch 27:22).
(4) One of those who had "strange wives," a son of Bani (Ezr 10:41).
(5) The father of Amashai, a priest who dwelt in Jerusalem after the Exile (Ne 11:13).
(6) A priest's son who played the trumpet in the procession when the wall was dedicated (Ne 12:36).
A. L. Breslich