je'-ther (yether, "abundance"):
(1) Ex 4:18 the Revised Version margin, King James Version, margin.
(2) Gideon's eldest son (Jg 8:20), who was called upon by his father to slay Zebah and Zalmunnah, but "feared, because he was yet a youth." The narrative there (Jg 8:4 ff) should be connected with that of Jg 6:34, where Gideon is followed by his clan, and not with that of Jg 7:1-25, where he has 300 picked men. The captives would be taken to Orpah, Gideon's home, and slain there.
(3) Father of Amasa (1Ki 2:5,32); he was an Ishmaelite according to 1Ch 2:17 = "Ithra, the Israelite" of 2Sa 17:25, where "the Ishmaelite" should be read for "the Israelite."
(4) A Jerahmeelite (1Ch 2:32 twice).
(5) A Judahite (1Ch 4:17).
(6) A man of Asher (1Ch 7:38) = "Ithran" of 1Ch 7:37.
David Francis Roberts