je-sha'-ya, je-shi'-a ((a) yesha`yahu; (b) yesha`yah, "deliverance of Yah"; (2) (3) below have form (a), the others form (b)):
(1) Son of Hananiah, and grandson of Zerubbabel, according to 1Ch 3:21, the King James Version "Jesaiah."
But commentators follow Hebrew (and the Revised Version margin) in the first part of the verse, and Septuagint, Vulgate, Syriac in the second part, thus reading, "And the son of Hananiah (was) Pelatiah, and Jeshaiah (was) his son, and Arnan his son," etc., thus making Jeshaiah a grandson of Hananiah.
(2) A "son" of Jeduthun, and like him a temple musician; head of the family of that name (1Ch 25:3,15).
(3) A Levite, ancestor of Shelemoth, one of David's treasurers (1Ch 26:25).
(4) A descendant of Elam; he went with Ezra from Babylon to Jerusalem (Ezr 8:7) = "Jesias" (Revised Version), "Josias" (the King James Version), 1 Esdras 8:33.
(5) A descendant of Merari and a contemporary of Ezra (Ezr 8:19) = "Osaias" of 1 Esdras 8:48.
(6) A Benjamite (Ne 11:7), the King James Version "Jesaiah."
David Francis Roberts