je-ro'-ham (yerocham, "may he be compassionate!"):
(1) An Ephraimite, the father of Elkanah, and grandfather of Samuel (1Sa 1:1; 1Ch 6:27,34 (Heb 12:1-29,19)): Jerahmeel is the name in Septuagint, Codex Vaticanus, in 1 Samuel and in Septuagint, L and manuscripts, in 1 Chronicles.
(2) A Benjamite (1Ch 8:27), apparently = JEREMOTH, (2) (compare 8:14), and probably the same as he of 1Ch 9:8.
(3) Ancestor of a priest in Jerusalem (1Ch 9:12 = Ne 11:12).
(4) A man of Gedor, father of two of David's Benjamite recruits at Ziklag, though Gedor might be a town in Southern Judah (1Ch 12:7 (Heb 8:1-13)).
(5) Father of Azarel, David's tribal chief over Dan (1Ch 27:22).
(6) Father of Azariah, one of the captains who supported Jehoiada in overthrowing Queen Athaliah (2Ch 23:1).
David Francis Roberts